Seeing an error message when you attempt to login? Here's how to get into Basecamp and back to work!
Sorry, we don't recognize that email or username.
This means the email address you entered is not linked to a Basecamp account.
- Check for typos. Double-check to make sure that every - or . or letter included in your email address is entered correctly.
- Try another email address. If you have more than one, it's possible you use another email address for Basecamp and forgot! Once you login, you can always update your login to the email address you prefer to use going forward.
- Accept your Invitation. If you don't remember setting up a login for Basecamp, you may still need to accept your invitation to join a Basecamp account. Reach out directly to someone already on the account and ask them to resend it!
- First time using Basecamp? Sign up for a new account instead. To join someone else's account, ask them send you an invitation.
We didn’t recognize that password.
- Reset your password. Send yourself a password reset email. Be sure to check your Spam folder if you don't receive that email after a few minutes.
- Another browser. If you keep receiving this error message after successfully resetting your password, it could be your browser. To test this, try a different browser. If your new password works there, clear the cache and cookies in your regular browser.
- Two-factor authentication. If you are having trouble with two-factor authentication because you lost your phone or no longer have access to your authenticator app, use one of the recovery codes you saved during setup.
If you don't have a recovery code but you're logged into a different browser session, you can get your recovery codes and update or disable your two-factor authentication settings.
- From the home page, click on
- On the "Me" page, click to update your personal info.
- Next, click the
Change your login info herelink below your personal info.
View recovery codesto obtain a single-use code or on
Change 2FA settings...where you'll be able to configure another authenticator app or disable 2FA completely.