A step-by-step guide to importing your Classic projects into Basecamp 2
1. First, sign into your existing Basecamp Classic account and click the “Account (Upgrade/Invoices)” tab.
2. Next, you’ll see a callout at the bottom of the account screen that looks like this:
You’ll want to click the “Find out how to start your free trial” link at the bottom of the announcement to go to the next step.
3. You’ll see one screen that explains the process.
4. When you click the button above, you’ll see this last slide while your account is created:
5. Once your new account is set up, you’ll see your new Basecamp account. Head on over to your Account page.
6. Scroll down, and you'll see an option to start importing your Classic projects.
7. Click that link and you’ll see a list of all your Classic projects. Click the “Import this project” link next to any project you want to import into the new Basecamp. Repeat for each project you want to import.
FAQs about importing projects and people from Classic.
Do I have to import all my projects?
Nope, not at all. You can import one at a time or all at once. It’s up to you. You don’t even need to import any projects - you can start from scratch with no projects in Basecamp 2.
If I import a project into the new Basecamp, what happens to the project in Classic?
Everything that was in Classic stays in Classic. Importing a project archives it in Classic. Changes made in your new account will not affect the archived project in Basecamp Classic.
Do my users come over too or just projects?
If you import a project the people come with it. Users can sign into the new Basecamp with the same username and password they’ve been using for Classic.